Aerial Straps Level 1 Teacher Training
Online, August 2nd, 2021 – Worldwide
Created and curated by Aaron Koz, of CircSci, the Level 1 Straps Teacher Training draws on over 10 years of aerial and movement instruction experience in the field. Key information will be shared via lectures, group discussion, and embodied practical application of the concepts addressed – lesson and curriculum development, skills, spotting techniques, safety, anatomy, injury prevention, creativity, progression, grip strength training, and dynamic and strength technique and teaching tips.
The training aids aerial teachers in building their teaching knowledge and curriculum of straps style techniques (using straps and other apparatus!). During the training, participants will learn a range of static straps skills, transitions, relevant progressions/regressions, and spotting techniques. The training has been built in collaboration from Australian and US physical and myotherapists with a focus on common potential injury risks.
The focus of the curriculum is on scalability and building lesson plans that allow for safe progression of students in a group class (without being solely a straps conditioning class, building strength and pathways over time). Functional anatomy/physiology and appropriate strengthening/injury prevention will also be covered to build awareness of correct body mechanics specific to static and dynamic straps-style skills.
Students will, over the course of the 4 weeks, have:
– Independent study (lectures, video tutorials, and homework – 10-15 hours
– Skill and progression practice – 10-15 hours
– Video reviews and peer assessment/analysis – 5-10 hours
– Live Zoom class – 10-12 hours
Mandatory Zoom Class Times:
August 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th – 10:30am EST start time – the asynchronous portion of the course will start August 2nd.
Each week, students will have assigned practical (skill-review) and theory-based homework (including video lectures, class planning, biomechanics variables and considerations).
• Participants will receive a 60+ page manual with pedagogy, strength training principles, and a skill dictionary for use after the training
• Skill dictionary (with videos)of static positions, dynamic techniques, skills and transitions
• Spotting and unspotting teaching techniques
• Progressions/regressions using multiple apparatus geared towards training straps-style skills safely
• Curriculum development and class planning practice
• Identifying common problems in static techniques and pathways
• Developing effective teaching practices based on current learning research
• Focuses on both strength and conditioning as well as movement patterning
• Fun and varied warm-ups and lesson plans to use in the future
• Functional anatomy/physiology/kinesiology
• Shoulder/thoracic spine health/injury prevention
General Prerequisites Guidelines (Prerequisites will vary based on training/intensive):
• Minimum of 2-3 years aerial/gymnastics/movement teaching experience (does not include aerial yoga) OR 3 or more years seriously training vertical aerial apparatus
• 3-5 pull-ups from dead hang and 3-5 dips from support position
• Ability to safely straight arm invert in the air multiple times
• Comfort in skin the cat
• 30 seconds – 1 min single arm hold (in a wrist lock) with hollow body and shoulder engagement
• Ability to hold 1 arm meathook and support position for 5-10 seconds or more
• False grip leg raises (toes to bar) – 3-5
• Experience training spinning and swinging skills like flares and beats/swings
• Experience training for reverse meathooks (or at minimum back balances on rope/fabric)
Early Bird Pricing of $800 ends May 20th. The total price is $900 USD up-front (after early bird deadline), 2 monthly payments of $465, or 3 monthly payments of $330 USD.
Your application will only be eligible for early bird price if the registration form is fully complete with videos and a $25 application fee submitted before the early bird deadline. Once your application is reviewed, there may be questions about your application videos, or rigging. You will have one week from the request to resubmit any further materials in order to guarantee your early bird price. Once your application is successfully reviewed, you must submit a $275 non-refundable deposit to reserve your spot.
To reserve your spot in the teacher training after the early bird deadline, a minimum non-refundable deposit of $330 must be submitted two months prior to the training start date.
Payment can be submitted via CashApp ($kozaaron)/Paypal (email@example.com, friends and family)/Revolut/Transferwise – all payment amounts must take into account added fees/currency exchange fees.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org